Saturday, December 29, 2007

Bread - Part 2

Success!!! Oh I had my doubts. The whole yeast thing really had me worried, but I guess that little bit of sugar really did help. After a little knead on the marble board it was into the pans to rise again for an hour. They looked good in the pan but I was still skeptical. Into the oven they went. I set the timer for 40 minutes. Good thing I checked at the 35 minute point cause they were golden brown and the smell in the house was so unreal. Sara was over and she came down stairs and said "wow what smells like bread baking?". Um, that would be bread - baking. I let them cool for a good hour before I cut into one. Looked good.......tasted fantastic. John came to pick Sara up and I gave him 3 big pieces to take home. Tati called me as soon as she bit into one and said "this is the best bread I have had in a long time". Tati is the biggest bread lover I know so I took that as a huge compliment. We had ham and navy bean soup for supper...with bread of course. I am very pleased with my first attempt. I think I'm going to make 2 more loaves for New Year's Eve.

No comments: