Saturday, February 2, 2008

Rosemary Oven Roasted Potatoes

John was hungry for steak and potatoes. I had gone through a few cookbooks the night before looking for a potato recipe. Nothing struck my fancy, so I decided to go with an old stand-by recipe. Once again, one that I make often but have never written down. There are no exact amounts. It's easy-peasy. Who says that all the time??

Rosemary Oven Roasted Potatoes
4 - 5 large potatoes (I used Yukon Gold this time, I normally would use an Idaho potato but all I had was the Yukon’s)
Olive Oil
Rosemary
Salt & Pepper

Pre-heat oven to 375. Cut the potato into quarters and then into smaller strips. Throw them in a big bowl and toss with enough olive oil to lightly coat them. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle in a good tablespoon or so of rosemary.

Spray the bottom of a baking sheet with Pam or equivalent. Spread the potatoes into a single layer. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until golden brown. I flip them about 3 times during baking so all the sides get nice and crunchy. Sprinkle with a little more salt just before serving.

No comments: