Monday, June 2, 2008

I ain't makin' no sandwiches for monkeys

For those of you who don’t know, my husband works with monkeys. Yes, he gets paid to hang out with 9 furry little Rhesus monkeys all day. He also has to come up with new and exciting treats and enrichments for them, so their little monkey minds stay bright and focused. This is an email conversation we had today.

John: How expensive is peanut butter and molasses? I was thinking about making treats out of those, but I think I need something to bind them together….like a patty shape….maybe freezing them?? Tell me what you think.

Me:
I have a sandwich maker thingy....I think. Peanut Butter from BJ's isn't too bad, but molasses is a bit expensive. Small jar for about $2.50. What about fluff? That's cheap.

John:
Fluff? Do we have a little left for me to try out before buying some? I remember the sandwich thingy; I think I saw it the other day. Only problem is, we don’t have a freezer here at work so it would have to be given day of.

Me:
You want me to make sandwiches for monkeys??????

Bad enough I gotta make them for all of you every night.

I'm sorry, but I am not making sammichs for monkeys. I have to draw the line somewhere.

No comments: