Monday, October 13, 2008

A day off

One of these days when I have a day off I'm going to do absolutely nuthin'. At least that's what I tell myself every time I have a day off, but it rarely happens.

We were all home today for the Columbus Day holiday and my house was busier than normal. We changed all the closets over to our Fall/Winter wardrobe. Yuck. It's one of my most dreaded jobs, but it's done for another season. I made 19 pounds of apple butter. Yup you read that right....19 pounds! John worked in the yard some more. We pulled 2 deer ticks off Moose. One right on his little nose. Poor baby was bleeding, but at least the nasty ticks are gone. One of the hazards of taking him on a hike.

Later in the afternoon we did kind of just chill out. Jesse read a book in the grass.





John and Evan climbed the big tree in the front yard and re-arranged the ghosts and goblins.








Evan Moose just hung out and chilled.



It really was a nice day, but if you'll excuse me now.....I have to go can 19 pounds of apple butter!

4 comments:

Lisa magicsprinkles said...

Oh wow. 19 POUNDS of apple butter? Does it freeze or can you preserve/can it? Nice post and the pics are fun. I gave you an award - you can go to my blog http://lisasmagicsprinkles.blogspot.com/ to pick it up. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow, 19 bazillion pounds! Holy moley, sounds divine.

Unknown said...

Holy smokes 19lbs of apple butter! i would love to get/purchase some of that for the holidays....we use to go to applegate in bentonville Ar to get it....

Like you I dread the summer to winter closet clean out...we did ours a few weeks ago...it was necesasry i tell ya

Shelley said...

I am thinking, 19 lbs of apple butter, YIKES.
I am going to try the crock pot apple butter thing and can it/preserve it so I can give it out at Christmas this year. Cause we can't afford store bought gifts for everyone this year. Thanks for all the yummy ideas.