Thursday, July 16, 2009

Say hello to my little friend

John called me out into the yard early one morning.

He found this guy (or girl, we didn't check) hanging out in my succulents.

Frog hand

Luckily I'm not one of those girly girls who is squeamish about bugs or reptiles or even spiders, in fact, I kinda dig on on the creepy crawlie things I find in my yard.

Hell, it's my husband and our friend Mitchell that are terrified of spiders. I find the occasional arachnid fascinating.

This little cutie made me smile.

I liked the feel of his little suction cup tooties against my fingers.

He seemed kinda sluggish, like he needed a good nap.

I placed him back on the pot from whence he came and let him do his thing.

Frog bowl 2

We went out a few hours later to see if he was still there, but he hopped away somewhere.

Frog bowl

Maybe he'll be back.

5 comments:

Robin from Calif. said...

Cute, Lisa - just cute.

alexandra said...

Oh how cute. You are brave. I'm definitely becoming more squeamish with age.

AJK said...

S/he's adorable! Looks kind of like a spring peeper, but fat :) .

Unknown said...

The reason as to why I have a healthy fear of spiders is simple. They have only but one purpose and that purpose is to terrify and to kill. I know their secret agenda and its up to me and people like me to warn the people of this planet as to what that sinister plan is....the complete annihilation of mankind.

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read this article. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.