Friday, November 20, 2009

Chocolate Filled Crescents - Super Quick Snack

Chocolate Crescents

I know this recipe is on at least 4 or 5 blogs I've read and there's a good reason for that.

No wait, there's a few good reasons for that.

1) They are super easy to make.

2) They are delicious.

3) You can have a warm snack ready for the kiddos from start to finish in under 10 minutes.

.......wait one more....

4) You can use up the Halloween candy that's still hanging around. (Yes we still have some left)

Chocolate Crescent CU

We used Hershey bars and Symphony bars.

Just place a piece at the end of the crescent, roll it up, and bake per directions.

Chocolate Crescent coll

The result: A warm buttery crescent with a delicious chocolate center.

Evan couldn't eat them fast enough.

Chocolate Cresecent Evan Coll

6 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

These remind me of Chocolatine's but are quick for that easy chocolate fix.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

That is the best quick snack I have ever seen! I need to give this a try...yum!

Irene said...

That sounds like a great mommy trick! I'm totally filing this one away. The crescent dough is amazing, I made pigs in a blanket with it all the time and also parmesan/sundried tomato snails.

Kitchen Butterfly said...

Pretty and promise that I will be making them soon, with some orange zest and maybe pecans in the mix. Well done

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read the blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Lisa - I love the chocolate idea. (I've used some chips, but never just the straight bar. God idea.)

I've made a cheesecake and jam version of these the past 2 Christmases. Yummy.

Pics and details at
http://cookingatcafed.blogspot.com/2008/01/do-you-speak-danish-with-recipe.html