Friday, April 16, 2010

My Mojo has stalled.

Macombers Blueberry Stand birdhouse

Sometimes this little thing we call life gets in the way of the blog and I find myself with less time to post. New recipes are cast aside for a bit. All those "must trys" are set by the wayside. So I haven't been making much of anything new in the kitchen. I'm still cooking for my family and the never ending trail of teenagers that pass though. I've been making some of the old stand-bys, stuff I've already posted, and stuff that really doesn't merit posting.
I'm sure my pasta and salad dinners wouldn't thrill anyone.

I'm not apologizing for the slack off. I will not be one of those bloggers who feels the need to post X amount a times a week, or month. I just kinda go with the flow.

As I posted on Facebook...."I think my Mojos stuck"

I had a few people say to me that when I tell them I'm slacking off, or taking it easy, I'm still constantly on the go, and I am. That's just my nature, so I guess when I'm not running full speed ahead, I feel like my mojo is petering out. It's so hard for me to just be. John says it all the time. Just sit and relax and just be. You don't have to be doing something all the time.
But I do.

We are busy with the yard, and garden planning, and the kids and well, just life in general. I've got 3 new birdhouses. I've been busy painting them and getting them ready for some feathery occupants.
See I can't stop, lol.

I do have what I hope will be a great cake to "bring out the kid in you" coming up. Lemme just say that one of the ingredients is chocolate cheerios and you can let your imagination run wild.

I'm experimenting and will share soon enough.
There I go again!

So bear with me during this crazy time.

I hope all is happy and well in your worlds.

I'm taking nice deep breaths and trying to remember sometimes I have to just "be".

6 comments:

Terri A. said...

You need to take some time for you! This is why I'm scared to start a blog - I'm on the go a lot, too and I don't want to let myself down by not blogging as much. Hope you find your mojo soon! In the meantime, just be.

Melissa said...

Ah, yes, you're a human doing. My dad used to chastise me for that, not being able to just BE. I'm learning. We're both learning. And hey, you know, the people who adore you will still be here. We ain't disappearing on ya just because you're doing your "doing" away from this space.

Amy said...

I have never known how to relax. My mother has been encouraging me to take up meditation for years. I just laugh - the discipline and focus that would take? Paleeeze.

However, I would enjoy a nap. Remember when your kids will under the age of 4? Ya...that kind of tired.

Be here when your mojo returns.

Doreen Frost said...

Hello Lisa. I'm the same way..I am just not capable of relaxing..without feeling like I should be doing something.

I know what you mean about not putting pressure on yourself about blogging..good for you! I did just that and I shouldn't of..I ended up closing my blog..but now I've decided..to open it once again :)

Wishing you a great day,
Doreen

Anonymous said...

go sit your be-heinie down for a little while......

sometimes just too much, that's why i've cut my posts down to a couple times a week.


besides, if you take a break, i may be able to CATCH UP on your recipes, lol!

Ems has ordered up a chocolate cake with chocolate ganache (you know that kind where you melt the chocolate and pour it on, she says) with strawberries and raspberries on top for next week. Yikes!

The Domestic Adventurer said...

I think this is a near universal feeling in the spring time - especially in parts of the globe that experience all four seasons. I've stopped trying to fight it, and like you said, just go with the flow.

Your picture is one of the loveliest that I've seen lately. Very nice. It's definitely a picture that reminds you to sit back and relax.