Monday, July 26, 2010

A better day

bouquet1


Moose rested pretty well today. He ate well too.

This makes my heart happy.

He laid under the gazebo on a comfy cushion.

Even though he can't tell me, I know he was saying "thanks for bringing me out to lay in the sunshine Mama". I just know that's what he was thinking.

Once again I whispered "a few more days and you'll be feeling better sweet boy".

I picked some veggies.

I went barefoot in the grass.

Evan and wandered around the yard and picked some flowers to cheer ourselves up.

We put them in a little mason jar and nestled some ferns in among the flowers.

bouquet

I feel a little more like myself with each passing day.

Soon my sweet boy will too.

6 comments:

Monica H said...

I hope he's feeling better soon (and you too!) We lost our furry friend a few days ago so I know how scared you must be feeling.

hugs,
Monica

June said...

Oh, dear Lisa! What an ordeal for your sweet dog and for YOU. It is a pure form of suffering not to be able to alleviate the suffering of a helpless animal or child. Our hearts go out to you. We're so happy he's doing better. Sit in your garden, breathe in the scent of the flowers, heal!

All of us love you!

Cyndy said...

Oh Lisa, this is bringing tears to my eyes. Our four paws are a big part of our family too. Moose and you are in my heart and in my prayers as well.

LunaCafe said...

Warm thoughts coming your way Lisa. ...Susan

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Glad you're both on the road to recovery.

Laurie said...

Oh Lisa, I am just catching up here, and am sorry to hear all that Moose and your family have been through. I have been there; the worry... prayers... hourly checks... I'm so glad he and you are having a better day. You'll be in my thoughts.