Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wordless Wednesday~ Not so much.

Blueberry Pie

I feel blessed to live the life I have. I really mean that.

I am content with everything and everyone I surround myself with. How great is that?

I've finally reached a peaceful and calm place in my life and if things never change, I'm ok with that. I'm ok with my kitchen that's a little too little for my liking, and my hips that are a little too big, the wrinkles that are starting to surface, the staycations, the "exciting" weekends when we both fall asleep by 8pm, the daily routine, my know-it-all teenagers, the early mornings, the endless laundry and dishes, I'm really ok with it. Crazy but true. I think you just have to make up your mind at some point to accept and appreciate what you have and not always be on a quest for something different or to want something more. I am content and it really frees me.

I'm grateful that Moose made it through a very rough summer and is here by my feet happily wagging his tail.

I'm grateful for a husband who puts up with all my craziness and says "whatever you want honey" way more then any man I know.

I am grateful to have two of the best friends anyone could ask for. Friends who accept me for who I am, who laugh with me and cry with me, and sometimes know me better than I know myself.

I'm grateful for the special people this blog has brought into my life. People who I have never met, but who share a connection with me just the same.

I'm grateful for all the little moments, good and bad, that make my life what it is.

I had to post this vintage postcard, cause how many times do you get too see two turkeys driving a corn cob car with lemon wheels??

Happy Thanksgiving.

Tuck-thanksgiving-rt0004

13 comments:

Amy said...

Where's the "like" button? I'd press it 10 times. Maybe even 11.

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Awww Amy. You are one of the bloggers I am so grateful to have in my life. I just know we'd hit it off in person. Love and best wishes for a beautiful holiday from RI.

June said...

Oh, dear Lisa! The first post I ever read of yours was about being happy with what we have rather than wanting more. I knew we were kindred spirits then. Your wisdom has drawn me right into your world, and I will never leave. Where you are is a good place to be. I am thankful for you and so are my daughters. We love you. Happy Thanksgiving from Maine.

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

June I knew we were kindred spirits right away too. Like Amy, you are one of "those" people. Even though we haven't met face to face, I feel like you are a friend just the same. I'm grateful to share the pieces of my life with you and those beautiful girls of yours that I adore. Much love from your East coast bud.

Unknown said...

I love your list, I could say ditto for most of it.

Melissa said...

So happy to see my dear Amy connected with you as well. I know it's been a while, but I'm just sayin. ;)

"I think you just have to make up your mind at some point to accept and appreciate what you have and not always be on a quest for something different or to want something more."

That is so true. I'm starting, at 35, to figure this out. That the "grand" life I thought I was looking for is right on front of my face.

I am grateful for you Lisa and I hope you have a wonderful holiday. xo

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Melissa, one of the best things that happened this year was finding out just how amazing you are. I'm so very proud of you and so happy to have you in my life.

~lifedramatic~ said...

Hey Lisa,

I KNOW we are kindred spirits. You are an amazing woman and I admire you so much. I hope you and your family have a filling and hearty day, not just for your bellies but for your minds. Just soak each other up and enjoy the day! Hugs!! Char

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Char I know we are too! You are one of the sweetest people on earth. I mean that. I'm so happy we're friends. Enjoy your day too! *hugs*

Melissa said...

Thanks Lisa. You're awesome and I am grateful to know you. ♥

Kim said...

Beautifully put, Lisa. You have a way of restoring the peace in my heart when I drop by for a visit. In fact, you restore my faith in women and friends and good, true souls whenever I get a little too caught up in the latest hectic moment. It's like going into a quiet pasture, sitting still, and listening to what life wants to whisper. And very often nibbling on something delicious while I wait! And for you, I am thankful.

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

OMG Kim, you have me in tears. You always know just what to say and word it so much more beautifully than anyone I know.

I'm thankful that I have you to influence my life in such a wonderfully worded way.

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

It is a very nice feeling, I know, I have it too.