Saturday, January 29, 2011

Productive Saturday

Up and out early, hit 5 stores. Picked up the ingredients for some delicious recipes.

The Asian market is a madhouse on Saturday morning. Won't do that again.

Ripped the fridge apart. Emptied the whole thing out and started cleaning. Sometimes you just have too. Only found 3 moldy things and 2 were recognizable!

Organized page after page of recipes. Now I want to make everything.

Did some photo editing.

Wish I had so much more time to take pictures.

Snoring dog at my feet.

Snoring hubby napping on the couch.

Quiet from the boys room. Engrossed in a video games.

Had to share this fat (male) squirrels picture, cause it makes me smile.

Birdfeeder 12jpg

Had Mom's birthday party last night. Take-out pizzas and a store bought cake. Everyone seemed to be fine with it. I felt relief for not having to go crazy cooking all the food like I always do and also a tinge of sadness or the same reason. Birthday cakes should be homemade. Maybe next year a snow storm won't stop me from getting my ingredients (or I'll just shop way ahead of time). I just have to let it go, but that's always so hard for me. I am the Queen of "I should have" and I need to just get over it.

My head is full of things I want to make for Superbowl Sunday. Deciding which ones to choose.

Time for tea and a magazine.

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday~

2 comments:

Melissa said...

LOVE that kind of productivity. Sounds like you're having a wonderful weekend so far.

And hey! Look! You're almost over, January. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. ;)

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Very productive! With over 24 inches of snow forecast for Chicago this week - guess we're gonna get your recent weather!