Monday, February 13, 2012

The little things....

Things that are making me smile now.

Old Photos.

I found this picture of me laying in my great-grandparents yard. I don't remember the picture being taken, but I remember the house and the porch where we would eat graham crackers and butter, or Lorna Doone cookies. I remember the smell of my Papa's cigar and the sound of the tea kettle whistling. Maybe that's where my love of tea originated from?

me at Papas

I just love the peaceful, carefree me in this picture. I thought I might need a little visual reminder of those times so I framed it and it now sits in my living room.

Bright yellow flowers.

yellow 1

I have to confess, I'm not really fond of the color yellow except when it's a coloring a flower. Then I love it. Sunny.

Feeding hungry teenage boys.

There is always a steady stream of teenagers running through my house. Saturday night I had 2 sleep over. They not only enjoyed a delicious dinner (Cheeseburger Pasta - recipe coming soon!) they also awoke, tousled hair and all, to the smell of chocolate chip pancakes and sausage.

pancake collage



Fat Birds.

In addition to teenage boys, I also love to feed the birds. Fat birds make me happy.

fat bird

Enjoy your week!

5 comments:

Kim Byer said...

You are such a good mom! And what a sweet picture of you in the yard.

My favorite family photos to frame are either the old black and whites or the old seventies Kodachrome colored ones.

If I had made a Lisa palette, it wouldn't have had yellow in it-- so subconsciously I suppose I knew this. You'd have tons of reds and browns though!

Callie Grayson said...

I love old photos and have them all through my house and I change them around every few months.
I too only like yellow in flowers, but only in bouquets not in my gardens which I only plant pinks purples and white with a bit of red.

Xx
Callie

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Lisa,
You've just inspired me to dig out a few old photos and display them.

I love that frame - gives a small photo a place of honor! Your memories of that porch, the cigar, and the tea kettle are so precious!

~Dana

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing these. I love finding old photos, I keep one of my Grandmother close by.

Adrienne said...

What a sweet picture! I just came across your blog last night. I love it! I was even more excited to see that we live in the same area. I relocated here from NV a year ago, so I am still learning all about RI. Thanks for your wonderful blog. I am now a loyal follower! :)