Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Random Thoughts & Observations

  • I'm not a tweeter but I made a profile on Twitter and I only tweeted twice when my tweet ended up on the Rosie show. No kidding. We share the same birthday so I sent her a tweet and she read it on the air. Look....proof.

Rosie

Now the show is cancelled. Figures. (please don't add me to your tweeter list or whatever you call it. I can tell you now I will never tweet again, it's just not me).

  • I turn 48 today. I can't even believe it sometimes. I still feel 25 inside.

  • You know how I said I was a Pinterest addict? It's not getting any better. It's just making my "to make" list a lot longer.

Fresh, homemade ricotta. I think yes.

ricotta

photo and recipe from Framed Cook

And this Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast cake from Alexandra's Kitchen.

Alex

photo and recipe from Alexandra

Oh there are more, so many more recipes.

  • I see signs of spring in the yard. Look.
  • periwinkle

  • I've been on a bit of a purging spree the last few weeks. So far I've gone through the garage, kitchen, and breezeway. Next up the attic and bedrooms.

  • I feel the need for an Ikea trip comin' on.

  • Our big spring project. I'm covering the kitchen ceiling with tongue and groove wood! Yup. My house is really country/primitive so it will totally tie in with the rest of the house. I'm doing it...well John will really end up doing most of it, but I'll be the one to stain all the boards and be his little helper.

It should look something like this:

kitchen

Now if I could get that kitchen to go along with the ceiling!

  • I'm addicted to Aveenos Fig & Shea Butter Body Wash. I have 15 bottles. There was sale and I had coupons.
  • Aveeno

  • My friend Eva bought me this for my birthday.

pie maker

I see lots of little pies in my future! My friends rock.


  • My neighbor came over last night and told me that she is taking me out to dinner and the musical The Addams Family at our local theater. How cool is that? Nice to have neighbors who are also your friends.


Happy Wednesday!

11 comments:

Creating Through LIFE said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day and an AMAZING year.

Anonymous said...

I made the ricotta just a few days ago, it was incredibly easy. Happy B-Day!

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa :)

I met Rosie once, years ago, at a concert in L.A. She was a few seats over. She was as nice as pie. She made a fish face for my camera...and that roll disappeared when it went out for development. (Yeah, it was like 1996.) I think she would find that coincidence funny ;)

Laura T said...

Happy Birthday! always have wanted to make cheese, i might just try it. Good luck with the ceiling project, I always find spring is the best time for inspiration. Love the little pies, i made fun of those little 'ovens' until i got one as a gift too and i think its just great enjoy!

Foodiewife said...

Happy Birthday. What a fun post.
Oh, and I'm addicted to Pinterest, too. There's so much talent out there, and Pinterest has it in one place.

beti said...

that small pie maker is lovely! I wonder where she got it, home made ricotta sounds great you should really try it

Unknown said...

happy birthday! i know what you mean i turned 44 in january and i still think of myself as being 30! it's weird even my kids say i'm in my 30's and of course i don't correct them!! have a great weekend! susan

Monica said...

My mom has that pie maker and I make those little egg pies everytime we are up there. They are super easy and super yummy. I had freshly grated garlic and onion to the crust along with some thyme. And then I use super sharp cheddar and fresh cooked applewood bacon....so damn good. Happy Birthday!!

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica said...

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/breville-pie-maker-bpi640xl/?pkey=celectrics-breville

Go here for the pie maker. This is where I bought the one for my mom!!! Great present for any pie lover!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I have the blueberry cake pinned for our every growing list. That just means we need to live forever since we will need to to make all of these appealing dishes.