Monday, May 7, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Bites

Broccoli Cheese Bites 1

Spring has officially sprung here!

After a few months of unsettled weather, the skies are finally beginning to turn blue, the robins are nesting in the trees and birdhouse around the yard, and we have started our yard work.

Yesterday we drove to my brothers to collect large rocks to create a new border around one of our beds. There was a lot of heavy lifting going on, mostly by my husband, and there were a couple of sets of tired arms by the end of the day, not to mention really dirty hands.

At this time of the year I find that my time in the kitchen is replaced with time working in the yard and garden. There is lots of grilling going on and lots of quick and easy eats.

This recipe falls in the quick and easy category. Cheesy broccoli bites!


Broccoli Cheese Bites

Broccoli Cheese Bites
Adapted from a recipe at My Tasty Treasures.com

1 -16 ounce package of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed drained and re-chopped into smaller pieces (use can use fresh too!)
1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
3 eggs
1 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs (I used ½ Italian and ½ panko)

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Form small patties with your hands, and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake at 375 for 25 minutes, turning half way through at the 15 minute mark.

That's it. They are that easy to make...and to eat too!

13 comments:

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Oooh, they're baked?
I'm so in.

Rebecca said...

What a brilliant simple and yummy recipe - will have to give this a whirl! Becks x

Teri said...

Love it! Move over potato pancakes, I think I have a new fav! Bet you can use all kinds of veggies... I'm gonna try spinach or maybe asparagus...thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

these looks simply delicious - Love that they are baked! also love your blog! I've signed up to follow and looking forward to more!
Mary x

Lynda said...

Love that these are baked; can't wait to try them!

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow..looks & sounds delicious...great idea..!
Tasty Appetite

Jennifer said...

I am SO making these this weekend.

We saw the bluebirds back in the fir tree by the house. Hope they nest again!!

Becki's Whole Life said...

I love this! So easy and tasty and a great way to get some veggies. Thinking my kids would really like these, too.

Mickey said...

Can't wait to try these!

Mickey said...

Can't wait to try these!

Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche said...

These look so good!!

Unknown said...

these look yummy! susan

Phroggy said...

Happend tto have everything on hand --- will post results , but i think i'll like these just fine !