Monday, March 21, 2016

Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread

Carrot cake bread 1


It's snowing here in Rhode Island as I type this. Snow on the first day of Spring. I was up with the chickens and I have to say, for someone like me that loves the white stuff, it made me smile first thing this morning.

Because Easter is just around the corner I'm bringing you another carrot recipe. This one for Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread.

I over anticipated how many carrots I needed for my Carrot Cake and bought 2 huge bags. I needed to use them up, so I found another recipe that used carrots.

This bread was fantastic. Not to carrot cakey, not too sweet. In face I used Truvia Baking Blend instead of sugar to make it a tad bit healthier. It was perfect.

Now you know what to do with all those carrots that the Easter bunny couldn't eat.

Happy Spring everyone!

Carrot cake bread


Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread
recipe from The Seasoned Mom
PRINTABLE RECIPE
¾ cup grated carrot (about 2 medium carrots)
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
¾ cup all purpose flour
¾ cup whole wheat flour
½ teaspoons baking soda
⅛ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
½ cup golden raisins (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. In a large mixing bowl, combine grated carrots, oil, applesauce, egg and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.

Beat sugars into the mix until creamed. Add flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until blended. Stir in nuts and raisins if using. Pour batter into prepared pan.

Bake for about 45 minutes, or until bread is brown and springs back when gently pressed in the middle.

Remove bread from pan and cool on a wire rack.

No comments: